Faxing remains a popular method of document transmission for businesses and individuals, despite the rise of digital communication. Google Docs and Google Drive have revolutionized how we create, store, and share documents, and with the integration of third-party fax services like FaxBurner, you can now fax directly from these platforms.
In this article, we will guide you through the steps to send a fax from Google Docs and Google Drive using FaxBurner.
Faxing from Google Docs
Google Docs is a popular cloud-based word-processing program that allows users to create and edit documents both online and offline. By integrating with a third-party fax service, such as FaxBurner, users can easily fax their Google Docs directly from their Gmail account. Here’s how you can do it:
- Sign up for FaxBurner: To begin, create an account with FaxBurner using your email address. FaxBurner offers a free version with limited faxing capabilities as well as paid plans for more frequent fax users.
- Open your Google Doc: Access the Google Doc that you wish to fax. Make sure the document is complete and formatted correctly.
- Download the document: Click on “File” in the top left corner of the Google Doc, then select “Download” from the dropdown menu. Choose a compatible file format such as PDF or DOCX.
- Compose a new email in Gmail: Open Gmail and compose a new email. Enter email@example.com as the recipient, and input the recipient’s fax number in the subject line.
- Attach the downloaded Google Doc: Attach the downloaded document from step 3 to the email. If you want to include a cover sheet or any additional notes, add them to the email body.
- Send the fax: Click “Send” to submit your fax. FaxBurner will convert the email and the attached document into a fax format and send it to the recipient’s fax machine. You will receive a confirmation email indicating whether the fax was successful or not.
Faxing from Google Drive
Google Drive is a cloud-based file storage service that allows users to store and share files with others. Thanks to third-party online faxing providers, you can easily fax the files stored there without the need to have a physical fax machine. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- Locate your document on Google Drive: Find the document you want to fax in your Google Drive. Ensure the document is final and properly formatted.
- Download the document: Right-click on the document and select “Download.” Choose a compatible file format such as PDF or DOCX.
- Compose a new email in Gmail: Open Gmail and create a new email. Add firstname.lastname@example.org as the recipient, and use the recipient’s fax number as the subject line.
- Attach the downloaded Google Drive document: Attach the downloaded document from step 2 to the email. Include a cover sheet or any additional notes in the email body if necessary.
- Send the fax: Click “Send” to transmit your fax. FaxBurner will convert the email and attached document into a fax format and forward it to the recipient’s fax machine. A confirmation email will be sent to you, notifying you of the success or failure of the fax transmission.
Why Fax Using a Mobile Device?
Mobile faxing offers several benefits that make it an attractive option for individuals and businesses alike. Here are some key reasons why mobile faxing is beneficial:
- Convenience: With mobile faxing, you can send and receive faxes from your smartphone or tablet, eliminating the need for a physical fax machine. This allows you to fax documents on the go, whether you’re at home, in the office, or traveling.
- Cost savings: Mobile faxing eliminates the need for a dedicated fax line, fax machine, and related consumables such as paper and ink. By using an online fax service, you can reduce the costs associated with traditional faxing.
- Faster response times: Mobile faxing enables you to send and receive faxes in real time. This helps improve communication and response times, allowing you to address urgent matters more quickly.
- Easy organization and storage: Mobile faxing allows you to store and organize your faxes digitally. This eliminates the need for physical storage and makes it easier to search, access, and manage your faxes.
- Environmentally friendly: Mobile faxing reduces paper waste and conserves resources by eliminating the need for printing and physical document storage. This makes it a more sustainable option compared to traditional faxing methods.
- Integration with other tools: Many mobile faxing services offer integration with popular productivity tools and cloud storage services, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, and Microsoft Office. This allows you to easily fax documents directly from these platforms, streamlining your workflow.
What about Google Fax?
If you were wondering whether Google has a dedicated Google Fax service, the answer is no. You can fax from Google’s apps, as we explained above, but there isn’t a built-in faxing function provided by Google – instead, the faxing is possible because of third-party providers.
The Bottom Line
Faxing from Google Docs and Google Drive using FaxBurner is a convenient and efficient way to send faxes without the need for a physical fax machine. By following the simple steps outlined above, you can quickly and securely transmit documents to your recipients. This seamless integration between Google’s platforms and FaxBurner’s service streamlines your workflow and enhances your communication capabilities.
Depending on what you need in terms of faxing, FaxBurner offers both free and paid plans, so that you don’t have to commit financially to something you won’t be able to use up. Download FaxBurner today and take advantage of the convenience of having a portable faxing machine in your pocket.